We inspire vets to improve the life of animals
Inventory Controller – Stratford, ON
Eickemeyer Veterinary Technology for Life is a growing supply company in the Veterinary Industry. We supply a vast array of products to Veterinary offices to help them offer the best standard of care for their patients. We are currently looking for a meticulous inventory controller to join our team.
To ensure success as an inventory controller, you should be highly organized and have detailed knowledge of supply chain management software and practices. A top-notch inventory controller can forecast inventory requirements accurately and possess excellent logistical abilities.
- Developing and implementing inventory control systems and practices.
- Monitoring inventory levels and replenishing stock as needed.
- Liaising and negotiating with vendors and suppliers to ensure the quality of stock purchases.
- Coordinating the logistics of purchase orders, stock transfers, deliveries, tagging, and processing.
- Forecasting supply and demand requirements to ensure stock availability.
- Tracking inbound and outbound orders to prevent overstocking and out-of-stock (OOS).
- Analyzing and reviewing supply chain data to identify and resolve issues.
- Generating purchase and pricing reports, supply chain analysis, and inventory management systems.
- Performing regular stock checks and reporting any issues to management.
- Maintaining and updating records of purchase orders, pricing reports, and inventory records.
- Receive and process orders.
- Properly pick and pack items to be shipped according to company standards to ensure they arrive in excellent condition.
- Provide management with an accurate representation of all goods shipped and received.
- Organize and sort items in the Warehouse according to company standards.
- Support a daily and monthly cycle count to ensure consistent and accurate inventory information.
- Implement a new barcode system with Odoo for all inventory.
- Execute special projects as assigned by management.
- A minimum of 2 years experience warehousing, logistics, or similar.
- Computer knowledge is essential, working with Excel, QuickBooks and Odoo will be required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve quickly and prioritize daily tasks according to their importance
- Exceptional collaboration and negotiation abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills, record keeping, ability to prioritize, and comfortable working independently
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including strong spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Must be committed to providing outstanding customer service and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- No weekends or evenings
- RRSP Contributions or Health Benefits
If you would like to grow your career by working at Eickemeyer please submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org